A car is a significant investment. After long years of wear and tear, there comes a time when you can no longer use it. Selling your car in such a condition will be next to impossible. Furthermore, you will earn very less from it. The best way to get rid of your car would be recycling it. Sustainable living suggests taking it to scrap yards in Chicester. They take care that the vehicle is disposed of safely and you can earn a reasonable amount for the metal. But, if you aim to make more money, here is a tip.
Taking out valuable car parts and selling them separately before scrapping can make a significant difference in the money you make. There is always a demand for second-hand products in good condition. But not all part fetch good money.
Here are some elements you should consider selling if they are in good condition:
- Tires and rims: If you have ever replaced a tire or rim, you know exactly what I am talking about. Getting new ones is very expensive, people usually settle for old ones. You can get a good deal depending upon the condition of your tires.
- GPS: Many cars come with this feature nowadays. If your system is accurate and works fine, you can easily find potential buyers for it.
- A full set of exhaust systems along with catalytic converters can rake in a fair amount of money if they work well. The system controls the engine, reduces noise and also minimizes the fumes released into the air. It is one of the most valuable parts of a car.
- Car batteries: Depending upon when you changed the last car battery, it also makes a good deal. A dead battery would not get you a lot of money. But, a lot of people seem to have batteries that have been changed recently and will work for a few years to come. If yours happens to be like that, make sure to make the most out of it.
- Car doors, windows, fenders, bumpers, and electrical components: Several other components can fetch you a profitable deal. The cost of replacement parts of different vehicles being so high, many people look for used car parts. The doors, windows, mirrors and various electrical components like buttons for locking and unlocking the car are the ones that are frequently looked for. Another essential part is the bumper made of different materials like aluminium, steel, fibreglass, and steel are necessary items often searched as used ones. Another critical thing that gets you a reasonable price is the fender. They are used for protecting the wheel walls and the undercarriage of the vehicle and are much in need.
After you have taken these out, find a place that deals with scrap cars in Chicester. A company like H D White is what you should be looking for. They deal with scrap cars efficiently and focus on excellent customer satisfaction. With over 60 years of experience in the field, the quality of work is not to be doubted on.