The demand for scrap metal recycling is gradually enhancing as it allows one to reuse resources which means they don’t have to worry about the environmental costs of mining. There are numerous sources of scrap metal as well as a majority of the items and products we use in our daily life comprises of metal.
According to a survey conducted a few years back, only 30% of scrap metals are recycled every year, while the rest 70% is simply wasted. This is why it has become vital for us to know the various sources of scrap metals so that we can recycle them as much as possible. The more scrap metals are recycled; lower will be the impact of humans on the environment. It is not only about the environment but you can even earn some additional income by collecting scrap metal.
4 Common Recyclable Scrap Metal Variety And Their Sources
Brass is considered to be a very heavy metal as they are created by combining copper and zinc. Being a bit heavier, they are used for making bathroom fixtures, door handles, light fixtures and vital plumbing pieces. Since copper is a vital component of brass, the price of this metal is generally higher than other metals we commonly use in our daily life.
This metal is commonly used for manufacturing gas heaters, barbeques, pipes and in other older items generally found in an industrial site or around your home. Since iron has a very corrosive nature, it is getting replaced with more resistant metal like steel. This means there are more opportunities to use iron as scrap metal. All you need to do is melt the metal and they can be easily used to create new items.
The beverage cans found in the local market are generally made using aluminium. This versatile metal is also used to make window pieces, doors, gutters, siding and vital car parts. Since this metal is found in abundance, they are more frequently recycled. The scrap metal recycling process isn’t too time-consuming either. You can easily recycle aluminium to manufacture various consumer products and for packaging. A scrap piece of aluminium will take just 2 months to go to the supermarket shelf.
There are numerous sources of steel as they are widely used to manufacture large appliances and other metal products like chairs, shelves, household appliances and even in the automobile industry to make cars. A majority of the cans available in the supermarket are made using steel. The magnetic properties of this metal let you recycle them with ease. Strong magnets are used to separate impurities from the metal during the recycling process.
Ready To Recycle?
Since you are now aware of the various metals which can be recycled, it’s time you start looking for a reliable company offering comprehensive scrap metal and recycling services to various industries and businesses. The right service provider can even share with you the common sources of scrap metal so that you can make complete utilisation of the metal recycling process and earn a few bucks.